Simple things can be done to improve the appearance of a property without spending a lot of money. When I preview your property,
I will make a list of specific items in your home that you can move around to enhance showing your home and push a buyer's
|SIMPLE THINGS CAN BE DONE...
* Create an inviting walkway. Add color with annuals and a new doormat to brighten your home and welcome buyers.
your best pieces of furniture toward the front of each room and our least attractive pieces toward the back.
all pictures on the low side and hang mirrors across from windows that get a lot of light or have a view.
knobs and handles and replace lights in bathrooms and kitchen.
* Turn on all lights, especially at night, to highlight
your home's amenities.
* Remove furniture to make rooms appear larger and allow for a clear traffic pattern.
Create a focal point in your entryway by adding a picture, lamp or plant.
* Open window everyday to let in fresh air.
Appeal to buyer's sense of smell and create an inviting feeling by lighting candles or baking.
* If closet or bedroom
doors don't close easily, leave them ajar when showing the house so people won't struggle with them.
* Put clothes
and papers away, leaving counter space free of odds and ends. Clutter is unappealing to potential buyers.
* Set your
dining room table for a decorative appeal.
*Use big, bright or bold acessories to draw attention to imortant areas
of the room.
* Try not to be present when potential buyers are viewing your home. If you are present, keep conversation
to a minimum.
The effects of lighting, open spaces, neat interior and manicured landscaaping can dramatically decrease
the amount of time your home is on the market. Often these changes can be made with little or no cost.